studio events and workshops
Yoga Nidra w/ Jamie LeeYoga Nidra Chakra Workshop Series
Concept: Eight (Two hour) classes on each Chakra
& one class on the Soul
Format: 1 hour restorative yoga / 1 hour yoga nidra
Level: All levels welcome, no yoga experience required.
Tools: Props: 1 belt, 2 blocks, 1 bolster (minimum 1 belt, 2 blocks)
Combining restorative yoga, meditation and yoga nidra; we will travel into the depths of your consciousness, learning about the energetic chakras, helping us to understand ourselves in the process and maybe even experiencing a hint of Samadhi along the way. A very powerful experience awaits you.
Class six: Ajna chakra represents the energy content of our celestial body; the sixth chakra involves our mental and reasoning abilities, and our psychological skill at evaluating our beliefs and attitudes. The Mind chakra resonates to the energies of our psyches, our conscious and unconscious psychological forces. Within Eastern spiritual literature, the sixth chakra is the ‘third eye,’ the spiritual center in which the interaction of mind and psyche can lead to intuitive sight and wisdom. Becoming conscious means changing the rules by which we live and the beliefs we maintain. Our memories and attitudes are literally rules that determine the quality of life as well as the strength of our bonds with others. Always, a shift in awareness includes a period of isolation and loneliness as one gets accustomed to the new level of truth. And then always, new companies are found. No one is left alone for long.
Class seven: Sahasrara is our connection to our spiritual nature and our capacity to allow our spirituality to become an integral part of our physical lives and guide us. While our energy system as a whole is animated by our spirit, the seventh chakra is directly aligned to seek an intimate relationship with the Divine. It is the power of prayer (intent). It is also our “grace bank account,” the warehouse for the energy we amass through kind thoughts and actions, and through acts of faith and prayer. It enables us to gain an intensity of internal awareness through meditation and prayer. This chakra represents our connection to the transcendent dimension of life.
Class eight: Throughout the ancient history of yoga, the soul science has produced radiant bodies of conscious energy for thousands of years. Conscious energy is not like unconsciousness energy, to gain access to the power of conscious energy, you must develop a relationship with it, learn its needs, learn to fulfill them, and remember it is part of the electro-magnetic spectrum all around and within you. If you can learn to work with and witness this conscious energy, the veil between the worlds can fall; undiscovered country can become your backyard.
Yoga Nidra Description: is a state of conscious deep sleep done in Shavasana. During the practice of yoga nidra, one appears to be sleep, but the consciousness is functioning at the deeper level of awareness. It is sleep with a trace of deep awareness. It is state of mind in between wakefulness and dream. Normally when we sleep, we loose track of our self and cannot utilize this capacity of mind. Yoga nidra enables the person to be conscious in this state and nurture the seed of great will power, inspire the higher self, and enjoy the vitality of life.
Yoga nidra restructures and transforms our whole personality form within. With every session of yoga nidra we are actually burning our old samskaras, habits and tendencies in order to be born anew. This process is quicker than other systems that work on an external basis. In yoga nidra, sowing of seeds of change is found in sankalpa, which you make for yourself during each practice. Sankalpa is a Sanskrit word, which can be translated as resolve or resolution. It is the most powerful method for reshaping your personality.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Yoga nidra gives you profound experience of muscular, mental and emotional relaxation.
- Yoga nidra transforms a victim of stress into a victor in life.
- Yoga nidra improves the lives of people with chronic degenerative diseases.
- Yoga nidra revives the dispersion of human energies at all levels.
- Yoga nidra burns the old samskaaras, habits and tendencies in order to be born new.
- Yoga nidra melts your mind so that you can cast good creative impressions on it thereby increasing receptivity.
- Yoga nidra plays a vital role in ensuring psychological health and well being of children.
- Yoga nidra augments the capacity of receptivity and attention and awakens the joy of learning in young students
- Yoga nidra helps in regaining the point of balance and harmony in every sphere of existence.
- Yoga nidra provides the perfect conditions for intra-uterine growth of the fetus.
- Yoga nidra acts as an ideal antidote to preserve child’s natural abilities and creative faculties in the most effortless and spontaneous way.
- Yoga nidra helps in combating diseases that have sprung up with new dimensions and reached a peak in the last few decades
- Yoga nidra decreases the requirements for analgesic, hypnotic and sedative drugs.
- Yoga nidra as a Process of Releasing Yoga nidra restructures and transforms our whole personality form within. With every session of yoga nidra we are actually burning our old samskaras, habits and tendencies in order to be born anew. This process is quicker than other systems that work on an external basis. In yoga nidra, sowing of seeds of change is found in sankalpa, which you make for yourself during each practice. Sankalpa is a Sanskrit word, which can be translated as resolve or resolution. It is the most powerful method for reshaping your personality.